Top Casino Bonus UK
A Guide to Online Casino Bonuses
For online casino players all over the globe when we see free money we jump at the chance to claim it and online casinos know this. That’s why online casino bonuses and free spins are one of the most important marketing tools that an online casino website can use.
Whether you’re watching television or browsing the net you’ll see adverts all across the spectrum in order to get new players through their doors and turn them into loyal punters. Welcome bonuses are commonly used to bring in new players and then once they’re through the door its down to the online casino to show them what’s on offer with their online slots and existing customer promotions to keep them playing. With so many different online casino offers for new players you may be thinking which ones you should be claiming, but do keep in mind that every type of bonus will have its benefits as well as any issues that come with it.
What are Casino Bonuses?
Casino bonuses are used as an incentive program by an online casino site in order to draw in new customers away from their competitors. There the first tool in an online casinos arsenal to get you through the door, after that its down to the selection of casino games, video slot games and promotions to keep you coming back for more.
There are a variety of different bonuses that you'll see while browsing our site, ranging from free spins to a matched deposit bonus.
What is the Most Popular Casino Bonus?
In the early days of online casinos there was pretty much one type of bonus and that was it. Every casino website would offer their players a deposit bonus and nothing more, however in order to differentiate themselves from the competition online casinos had to get more inventive with what they can offer.
So no deposit bonuses quickly took form, these were incredibly popular with new online casino players due to the offer of free money, some online casinos used to offer these as cash bonuses which technically meant the funds could be withdrawn straight away. However online casinos cottoned onto this and brought in wagering requirements that would need to be fulfilled before you can even withdraw any money
This brings us to the last 5 years where we’ve seen a huge increase of free spins offers being pushed to new players as well as being combined with a deposit bonuse to create a welcome package.
Benefits and Disadvantages to a Casino Bonus
Free money has its benefits and its pitfalls, especially when they're in the form of a casino bonus. Obviously we all want to cash in our bonuses and be withdrawing winnings at the end of it however that isnt always the case. We will be touching on a few points which we like and dislike:
- Able to explore new areas of online casinos that you wouldn't normally head over to if you were to play with your own funds. New slot games or table games that you perhaps liked the look of but you only normally play on your favourite slots.
- Bonuses = more funds, which means you'll be able to place larger bets than you would do with your own cash. Also as its not your own money that you're wagering you may take greater risks which could ultimately lead to bigger payouts if you're lucky.
- A deposit bonus and free spins also help you understand the mechanics of the game you're playing. Being able to play longer meaning you'll get a greater feel for the game itself. Everything has a learning curve but its even worse when you're having to spend you're own funds to learn it, so why not use an online casino bonus or free spins instead.
- There are too many factors outside of your control. As this isn't your money you will have to do as the online casino states in their T&Cs to use it. That means being forced to play games that have been picked out by the online caisnos that you initially wouldnt choose. While this isnt always a bad thing you do have to refamiliarise you're self with a game.
- Once you start using your bonus funds you are then locked in to it, you wont be able to process any withdrawals of winnings generated with your bonus until you have finished the turnover requirements. Depending on the size of the casino bonus as well this could be quite a while.
What are the Different Types of Casino Offers?
So you've you seen a few bonuses but they've been worded slightly different and you're unsure about what it means for you as the player. Well here are the main categories of casino bonuses that you'll find when surfing the net:
Matched Deposit Bonus
Often the most common welcome bonus that you'll find, the majority of online casinos will offer this as their casino bonus or it will at least be part of a package. A matched deposit bonus is exactly that, the casino will match your first deposit up to a certain amount. However this can vary in size and in multiple e.g. 100% up to £100 would land you with £200 to play with (including your first deposit) or 500% up to £1000 will get you a £1000 bonus plus your inital £200 deposit to claim the full amount.
Believe it or not there are two types of free spins bonuses available with the first not actually being “free”. The first type requires you to deposit at least some money into your customer account, usually a minimum of £10. These types of offers tend to be used in conjunction with a matched deposit offer to form what is known as a welcome package. The second type of free spins are a type of no deposit offer and will only require you to sign up to a casino site to claim. These are a great way of getting to know a new online casino without actually havig to spend any of your own money up front.
Casino cashback offers are one of our least favourite welcome bonuses to see. The whole cashback craze just has a negative vibe to it. The casino is essentially telling you up front you're going to lose but not to worry as they will credit back a % of the losses to your account so you can play for longer. Lets face it no ones here because they want to lose money to an online casino. We're here because we want to win money, never the less due to regulations regarding casino bonuses around the casino world they are quickly becoming ever more popular with a lot of casino sites. Cash back offers can range from 5% up to 20%.
No Deposit Bonuses
Having been in the online casino community for a long time I can tell you now no deposit bonuses which consist of cash are a rarity to see, in the early days of online casinos one of the most effective ways to draw in new customers was to offer them free cash. A lot of people didnt know that this cash could be withdrawn straight away as well (now you see why its hardly ever offered). However if you didnt withdraw it from your account you could use it on any of the casino games you wanted, whether it was Slots, Roulette or Blackjack.
How to Claim a Casino Bonus
Claiming your casino bonus couldnt be simpler, after you've taken a look at our table above and seen one you like just follow the directions below:
- Click on the bonus that you like the look of, this will then direct you to the welcome offer page. Here you'll find the bonus and all the t&cs regarding this below it. There is two sections to look for, the short terms which covers the main info and then the long terms below this which contains all the &s surrounding the offer. Once you're happy with it then click on the button to sign up.
- You'll then be asked to register your account, fill out all your details correctly as they will need to be checked by the casinos KYC department to ensure you are who you say you are.
- Once signed up if its a deposit bonus head over to the banking tab and make your first deposit (MAKE SURE YOU USE A DEBIT CARD). From this point onwards you will be asked to provide proof of residence (Passport/Driving License) and a source of funds (banking statment/Pay slip). Unfortunately this is now a neccessity at all UK casinos so if you want your bonuses make sure you have these to hand.
- Verification can be quick ranging from 15 minutes to 24 hours. Once approved you're then free to claim your bonus and use it however you want.
This is a very brief overview about claiming a casino bonus, as all casinos are laid out differently if you get stuck you should head over to the support tab and reach out to a member of their support team. They will then be able to advise you on the best way to get your welcome bonus.
What Bonus Terms and Conditions Should You Look Out For?
Terms and conditions are certainly one of the more boring aspects of playing at online casinos but its something that you as a casino player should look out for. These can effect how you play at an online casino, the games you choose and whether or not you'll be able to withdraw your winnings.
Below are some of the main T&Cs that we've found when claiming online casino bonuses over the years:
- Wagering Requirements: The first is certainly one that everyone who's ever claimed a casino bonus will know about. A wagering requirement is the amount of times you need to turn over your bonus money before you can actually cash it out into your own bank account. A standard range tends to be between 20x to 30x, anything above this and things start becoming very difficult. As often the wagering requirement will involve both your casino bonus and your original deposit meaning if you got £400 x 30 = £12,000. Thats a whopping £12,000 you'd have to wager through before you can cash out.
- Game Contributions: This one ties in nicely with the turnover requirement, not all games will contribute towards wagering requirements equally. It tends to be playing slots will count 100% and table games will be lower between 50% – 75% depending on which game you're playing. So if you thought you could try the martingale system to get this bonus turnedover easily you thought wrong. Using the example above if you played roulette betting on colours you'd have to wager £24,000 before being able to cash out. This is certainly no simple feat.
- Restricted Deposit Methods: In order to protect themselves against bonus abuse casino sites will only permit you to use debit card or bank transfer. Methods like Neteller, Skrill, PayPal & Boku etc will not be permitted. So if you're trying to claim casino bonuses make sure that you use your debit card when you sign up. Once you've got your bonus then you can fund your account whichever way you'd like.
Casino Bonuses for Existing Players
Dont worry, we've seen it time and time again get lured in by an amazing new casino bonus and then bam once you've played through it you've got nothing else to claim. Don't worry though, one of the first things we do when vetting all of the casino sites you see here is check out the promotions tab and see what other bonuses are available for their existing customers. The sign of a really good online casino is one that looks after both their new and old customers. Below are just some of our favourite types of existing customer bonuses that we like to see:
- Reload Bonuses: Casinos will sometimes offer reload bonuses when you play on certain slot games, while these are by no means the same size as the initial welcome bonus they do offer a nice added extra to keep play going. Expect to see offers like 50% up to £50.
- Cash Back Bonuses: Its always nice to see casinos offering cash back on losses, we all know that not everyone wins at online casinos and thats why they stay in business. A lot of the time you'll see 10% cash back on losses up to a certain amount. This can either be credited as actual cash (withdrawable) or as a bonus that will most likely have to be turned over at least once before being cashed out.
- High Roller Bonuses: Casinos will group players into certain classes when they deposit, so if you're someone who likes to deposit large amounts at online casinos to play with then you can expect to be placed into their high roller scheme, this is where you'll find all the biggest bonuses that aren't available to your average casino player. We've seen some people being offers £2,500 that only needs to be played through twice before being able to cash out.
- VIP Programs: Every new casino player who signs up will start off in a VIP program, the more you wager then the higher up the table you'll go. The higher you go the better the casino bonuses, but its not just bonuses you'll be awarded. Casinos have been known fo taking their top VIP's away on trips to hospitality events. You'll also have your very own VIP manager who can sort anything out on your account thats required.
Casino Bonus FAQ
Below are some of the more frequently asked questions we've had about casino bonuses and claiming them online.
- Why should I claim a casino bonus when signing up?
- Do all Casinos require a bonus code?
- What is Bonus Abuse?
- Are there any casino bonuses without wagering requirements?