Top Casino Bonuses
What are casino bonuses?
Casino bonuses are used as an incentive program by an online casino site in order to draw in new customers away from their competitors. There the first tool in an online casinos arsenal to get you through the door, after that its down to the selection of casino games, video slots and promotions to keep you coming back for more.
There are a variety of different bonuses that you’ll see while browsing our site, ranging from free spins to matched deposit bonuses.
What are the different types of casino offers?
So you’ve you seen a few bonuses but they’ve been worded slightly different and you’re unsure about what it means for you as the player. Well here are the main categories of casino bonuses that you’ll find when surfing the net:
Matched Deposit Bonus
Often the most common welcome bonus that you’ll find, the majority of online casinos will offer this as their casino bonus or it will at least be part of a package. A matched deposit bonus is exactly that, the casino will match your first deposit up to a certain amount. However this can vary in size and in multiple e.g. 100% up to £100 would land you with £200 to play with (including your original deposit) or 500% up to £1000 will get you a £1000 bonus plus your inital £200 deposit to claim the full amount.
Free Spins Deposit & No Deposit Free Spins
Believe it or not there are two types of free spins bonuses available with the first not actually being “free”. The first type requires you to deposit at least some money into your customer account, usually a minimum of £10. These types of offers tend to be used in conjunction with a matched deposit offer to form what is known as a welcome package. The second type of free spins are a type of no deposit offer and will only require you to sign up to a casino site to claim. These are a great way of getting to know a new online casino without actually havig to spend any of your own money up front.
No Deposit Cash Bonuses
Having been in the online casino community for a long time I can tell you now these are a rarity to see, in the early days of online casinos one of the most effective ways to draw in new customers was to offer them free cash. A lot of people didnt know that this cash could be withdrawn straight away as well (now you see why its hardly ever offered). However if you didnt withdraw it from your account you could use it on any of the casino games you wanted, whether it was Slots, Roulette or Blackjack.
How do I claim a casino bonus?
Claiming a casino bonus couldnt be simpler, after you’ve taken a look at our table above and seen one you like just follow the directions below:
- Click on the bonus that you like the look of, this will then direct you to the welcome offer page. Here you’ll find the bonus and all the terms and conditions regarding this below it. There is two sections to look for, the short terms which covers the main info and then the long terms below this which contains all the terms and conditions surrounding the offer. Once you’re happy with it then click on the button to sign up.
- You’ll then be asked to register your account, fill out all your details correctly as they will need to be checked by the casinos KYC department to ensure you are who you say you are.
- Once signed up if its a deposit bonus head over to the banking tab and make your first deposit (MAKE SURE YOU USE A DEBIT CARD). From this point onwards you will be asked to provide proof of residence (Passport/Driving License) and a source of funds (banking statment/Pay slip). Unfortunately this is now a neccessity at all UK casinos so if you want your bonuses make sure you have these to hand.
- Verification can be quick ranging from 15 minutes to 24 hours. Once approved you’re then free to claim your bonus and use it however you want.
This is a very brief overview about claiming a casino bonus, as all casinos are laid out differently if you get stuck you should head over to the support tab and reach out to a member of their support team. They will then be able to advise you on the best way to get your welcome bonus.
What Bonus terms and conditions should you look out for?
Terms and conditions are certainly one of the more boring aspects of playing at online casinos but its something that you as a casino player should look out for. These can effect how you play at an online casino, the games you choose and whether or not you’ll be able to withdraw your winnings.
Below are some of the main terms and conditions that we’ve found when claiming online casino bonuses over the years:
- Wagering Requirements: The first is certainly one that everyone who’s ever claimed a casino bonus will know about. A wagering requirement is the amount of times you need to turn over your bonus money before you can actually cash it out into your own bank account. A standard range tends to be between 20x to 30x, anything above this and things start becoming very difficult. As often the wagering requirement will involve both your casino bonus and your original deposit meaning if you got £400 x 30 = £12,000. Thats a whopping £12,000 you’d have to wager through before you can cash out.
- Game Contributions: This one ties in nicely with the turnover requirement, not all games will contribute to your wagering equally. It tends to be playing slots will count 100% and table games will be lower between 50% – 75% depending on which game you’re playing. So if you thought you could try the martingale system to get this bonus turnedover easily you thought wrong. Using the example above if you played roulette betting on colours you’d have to wager £24,000 before being able to cash out. This is certainly no simple feat.
- Restricted Deposit Methods: In order to protect themselves against bonus abuse casino sites will only permit you to use debit card or bank transfer. Methods like Neteller, Skrill, PayPal & Boku etc will not be permitted. So if you’re trying to claim casino bonuses make sure that you use your debit card when you sign up. Once you’ve got your bonus then you can fund your account whichever way you’d like.
What casino bonuses are available for existing players?
Dont worry, we’ve seen it time and time again get lured in by an amazing new casino bonus and then bam once you’ve played through it you’ve got nothing else to claim. Don’t worry though, one of the first things we do when vetting all of the casino sites you see here is check out the promotions tab and see what other bonuses are available for their existing customers. The sign of a really good online casino is one that looks after both their new and old customers. Below are just some of our favourite types of existing customer bonuses that we like to see:
- Reload Bonuses: Casinos will sometimes offer reload bonuses when you play on certain slots, while these are by no means the same size as the initial welcome bonus they do offer a nice added extra to keep play going. Expect to see offers like 50% up to £50.
- Cash Back Bonuses: Its always nice to see casinos offering cash back on losses, we all know that not everyone wins at online casinos and thats why they stay in business. A lot of the time you’ll see 10% cash back on losses up to a certain amount. This can either be credited as actual cash (withdrawable) or as a bonus that will most likely have to be turned over at least once before being cashed out.
- High Roller Bonuses: Casinos will group players into certain classes when they deposit, so if you’re someone who likes to deposit large amounts at online casinos to play with then you can expect to be placed into their high roller scheme, this is where you’ll find all the biggest bonuses that aren’t available to your average casino player. We’ve seen some people being offers £2,500 that only needs to be played through twice before being able to cash out.
- VIP Programs: Every new casino player who signs up will start off in a VIP program, the more you wager then the higher up the table you’ll go. The higher you go the better the casino bonuses, but its not just bonuses you’ll be awarded. Casinos have been known fo taking their top VIP’s away on trips to hospitality events. You’ll also have your very own VIP manager who can sort anything out on your account thats required.
Casino Bonus FAQ
Below are some of the more frequently asked questions we’ve had about casino bonuses and claiming them online.
Why should I claim a casino bonus when signing up?
It’s true, casino bonuses aren’t for everyone as they can sometimes limit your style of play. But what they do do however is allow you to try out different sections of the casino that you perhaps wouldn’t do if you were just playing with your own money. For instance you may have free spins to use on a video slot that you’ve never tried before. They also allow you to extend your play or increase the amount of wagers that you’d normally do without a bonus. If these sound like things you’d like for yourself then claiming the best online casino bonuses is definitely for you.
Do all Casinos require a bonus code?
Bonus codes were once a very popular way of tracking which offers were being claimed over ones that weren’t. Nowadays its rare that an offer will require a casino signup bonus code and they’re normally reserved for exclusive bonuses that can’t be found elsewhere. Don’t worry though, if any of our bonuses require a bonus code we will have it listed here.
What is Bonus Abuse
This is a pretty self explanatory type of behaviour that a player exhibits. As we all know bonuses are offered with terms and conditions that are pretty strict, abuse of these conditons can result in you having your account closed down with both your bonus and original deposit forfeited. An example of bonus abuse is signing up multiple accounts with people you share a house with so you can keep claiming their welcome bonus.
Are there any casino bonuses without wagering requirements?
Believe it or not, over recent times as casinos are constantly trying to out do each other some have even decided to drop the wagering requirements on their welcome bonus. Seec casino sites like PlayOJO who provide customers with 50 free spins where you keep the winnings of every spin. As soon as you’re finished your free spins you can then cash out to your bank account or keep playing should you wish.